Additional symptoms for adults:
- Sudden numbness or weakness of face, arm, or leg, especially on one side of the body
- Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding speech
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, confusion or loss of balance and coordination
- Sudden severe headache with no known cause
- Sudden dilated pupils or sensitivity to light
Additional signs in children can include:
- Severe sudden headache, especially with vomiting and extreme sleepiness
- Vision loss or double vision
- Weakness or numbness on one side of the body
- Severe dizziness or loss of coordination
- New onset of seizures
If you notice one or more of these signs, don't wait. Stroke is a medical emergency.
Call your emergency medical services and get to a hospital right away!
Stroke is treatable!